Thursday, June 30, 2005

Commentary



click to view clip

I have been shown the truth...Mac's do rock. Being a PC user forever I never understood why Mac users were so die-hard...until Anne showed me how easy it is to make video on them. A few clicks and the footage from my digital camera was converted and compressed into a nice, tiny clip.

I must get one.

This is something we put together as the result of me playing around with iMovie. The footage was taken from my FujiFilm A200, editted on an iMac with the commentary laid over it in iMovie

The sound might be a bit low. We are working out the kinks of this low tech approach as we go.

This vlogging is terribly addictive, I want to sample and re-sequence everything I see...change it, re-order it, re-create it.

4 Comments:

At June 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You serious? 5-10 years ago I would had to agree. Have had the opportunity to use all platforms out there, I find myself returning back to a PC. Everytime I evaluated a G5 for video making, I would conclude that a G5 is only good for video editing. Mac has definitely held that market for many years, but in recent years the Intel/AMD architecture can hold it's own and for cheaper. I am able to video tape on my Sony Hanycam, connect to my AMD64 machine via firewire, produce the footage in any of the countless software packages out there (I prefer Premiere) and dump it to DVD. I can do most of that while watching a movie and playing a video game and for less than $2000 (including buying the camera). My personal observation is that there is really no right technology to use, it comes to personal preferences and what you want to do with the technology.

 
At June 30, 2005, Blogger Devlon said...

Good point.

I have an old version of Premiere and it crashes often, besides that I could take footage from digicam to finished product on the PC, but I was pretty impressed with the ease on the Mac.

I am a windows programmer so I can't see myself going to the dark side completely...but it sure if nice to work with video.

 
At June 30, 2005, Blogger Devlon said...

:) Light/Dark...it's all relative

 
At July 04, 2005, Blogger Devlon said...

Yeah, I think I'll cause myself tons of trouble when I have one of each...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home